Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Books This Month: Anna and the french kiss - Fangirl


This month I picked to read two books that I have been hearing a lot about, a lot of my favorite booktubers had reviewed them, they are Anna and the French kiss and Fangirl. 



The first one I've read was Anna and the French kiss by Stephanie perkins, the book tells the story of Anna a high school student in the city of Atlanta Georgia, her parents send her of to a boarding school in Paris, Anna doesn't want to go but her dad forces her to, from there the story starts, she meets new friends, discovers new places, a new language and most importantly she finds love. 
In general the book was good, I really liked the parts where the author was describing the historical places to which Anna went, she made me wish visiting them one day, I also liked how the characters of Anna and her friends were interesting, every one had a passion for something movies, history, soccer, music, drawing. the only thing I disliked about the book was the drama there was to much drama for my taste, I wished there was less drama and more about France, the culture, the language. 



The second book I've read was Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell, (I love her name) the main character's name is Cath a college student, and also a fanfiction writer, she's famous for her story Carry on simon which is a fanfiction of the novel Simon Snow ( Simon Snow is like Harry Potter in the world of Cath).  
 I was so excited to read this book, as fanfiction reader I always wondered what is like to be a fanfiction writer. this book didn't disappoint me at all. the main caracter is so reliable which made reading so fun and easy. the book also covered some really important issues; fanfiction and plagiarism, the relationship between sisters specially twins, being a college student and becoming an adult,... all in all it was the best YA book I have read so far.

Both books were good and made me happy while reading them but if I had to choose between Anna and the French kiss and Fangirl who's better in my opinion obviously I'll choose Fangirl. 

2 comments:

  1. It makes me wannt to read those books;Where did you bought them ?
    www.lemondedeouej.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi Ouej yes they are really fun books to read
      if you live in Casa or Rabat you'll easily find them if not you can buy on the net

      Delete