Friday, November 13, 2015

Recent reads #3



A delayed post about not so recent reads, but whatever better late than never right? So in this post I’ll be talking about the books I read during the months of august and september, not much just three books and one remained unfinished.


Let’s start with the book I loved so much which was “The Age of Innocence” by EDITH WHARTON, an American classic that happens in New York, the story is about this lawyer who finds himself torn between two choices one marrying the woman who everyone around him think is the right for him two choosing the women he likes, what made me really in love with this book was not the love story but how it was used to show us how much our society control our life, how much we fear being judged by our surrounding, I gave this book five stars on goodreads and I think it’s a fair rating since I really enjoyed it.




the second and the third books I read were “The Parisian Christmas Bake off” by JENNY OLIVER and “The Undomestic Goddess” by SOPHIE KINSELLA, I bought those two books because their stories seemed fun and easy perfect for summer, and they turned out like I predicted the first book is about this British baker who will leave her job as a teacher to pursuit her dream in Paris, the second is about this lawyer who would run from her office after making a big mistake. both stories are fine but the fact that the plot in both stories was so predictable annoyed me a little bit, I think easy fun reads aren't meant for me.



So those were the books I read, now to the book I couldn't finish which was “FACES” by MARTINA COLE, the book is a sort of a life story of this criminal called Danny, the book seemed interesting but it turned out so boring and so repetitive plus the fact that it had 666 page didn't help much, I stopped in the middle of the book, and I don't think I'll finish it anytime soon.


that was all for today's post, I read more books in November that I enjoyed way better, so I think the next post will be also about books.

No comments:

Post a Comment