Thursday, July 21, 2016

Recent reads #8

Hi friends,
It was a while now that I did write on my blog, and a two hole months that I wrote a recent reads post, even though I always read even when life gets busy I manage to read something, I wish I could write with the same constancy, I think it'll came with time, at least that's what I wish. back to the books I read, for some reason half of them are in Arabic, lately I just felt like I need to read more in this language, with no further do the books were:

       : السوق الداخلي و الشطار لمحمد شكري -



Both of those books are by the famous writer of "le pain nu", after reading it I felt curious to read other books by him, and they were different the style was the same, but they hold new things, things that I didn't know about Morocco, especially Tangier, one day I'll write a detailed post about Mohamed Choukri, I'm currently reading another book by him, he is jusso interesting the characters and the places and the stories make me want to read more of him.

 : تاكسي لخالد الخميسي -

I first heard about this book from a youtuber, she suggested it for her book club, since I really like her, and the story of the book happens to take place in Egypt a country that I really treasure, I joined in and started reading it, and it turned out to be so good, it was a collection of dialogues the author did with some taxi drivers in Cairo, the conversations were really interesting, for someone who don't know much about Egypt or what have been happening in the area, he want understand much, but if you know you would really like the book, some parts are frustrating since it shows how hard it become to live at that country how the daily life became so hard in Egypt for taxi drivers and people with limited resources in general.


: اكره الحب لطه عدنان -


This book is maybe my first poetry book, I like so much poetry, I write some myself but I had never read a book what we call in Arabic “ديوان” and this certainly would not be the last one, I chose this book because I thought I knew the writer, I confused the journalist and writer Yassine Adnane with his brother Taha Adnane but it’s ok, both brothers are so talented, I really enjoyed the poems, some were really deep, you can tell that he is not into globalization and he have all the right to.



The next two books are both blogs that were so interesting that got published as books;

- Beyrouth Juillet-Août 2006 by Mazen Kerbaj: 


Mazen Kerbaj a lebanese musician who is also a talented drawer, through a blog were he uploaded some of his drawing during the war against Lebanon in 2006, managed to show us what is really like to be inside a country set on fire for a reason that no one can understand, the book made me think a lot especially that I don’t remember a thing about that war yet I was old enough to remember it, maybe too much conflicts every were, made me so used to wars, the drawings were so good way better than all those TV images that no longer move anyone. 


- Vie de meuf: Le sexisme ordinaire illustré by Osez le féminisme:



Reading this book really choked me how came in a country like France, women still suffer from sexism, a daily sexism that make realizing dreams a bit harder that it already is, but when I compare their state with ours us girls who live in north Africa, I know that we are far away from them, some of the things the girls on the book call sexism where I live we call it normal life. 

- Love story à l’iranienne by Jane Deuxard and Deloupy:


A documentary graphic novel that will take you in a journey to Iran, not a fun of a journey but you get to know that living or dreaming of freedom in that kind of a country is a bit harder than you thought before, this book really depressed me it was well executed but the facts on it made me feel really sad, and angry, not that were I live I have the freedom I want but I can’t compare it to the state in Iran.  


- Bel Ami by Guy de Maupassant:  


The last book I’m going to talk about is a really famous french classic that I wanted to read forever, Bel ami is one of those books that would make you hate its characters yet you can’t hate it, first I thought that since the book is called Bel ami (beautiful friend) I assumed the main character would have a nice personality but no, a beautiful face certainly opens doors but don’t guaranty that its holder would have morals, that’s what I learned from this book.

So those were all the books I remember I read lately, and I’m so excited this summer, I’m not working or studing so all I’m doing is reading which is heaven for me, I would be glad to know what you read and what are you currently reading.

2 comments:

  1. تدوينة رائعة، أحبت التنوع في قراءاتك،لم أقرأ من هذه القائمة إلا تاكسي حواديث المشاوير
    بالنسبة لمحمد شكري رغم شهرته لم أتحمس يوما للقراءة له.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you, i know a lot of people don't like his style but for some reason I found his books interesting

    ReplyDelete