Monday, August 22, 2016

Anywhere but here



You know that movie starting Natalie Portman and Susan Sarandom, about that teen girl who would do anything to just run away from her mom but for some mysterious reason she can’t, this is how I felt when my parents decided that we are going to spend two week at dad’s village, I wanted to just say no I won’t go, but I couldn’t it’s not like I hate going to that place it’s just that they have been controlling my every move since summer started, my plans what I think about isn’t that important they have bigger plans and they assume I should accept them and follow their steps, I kept calm all those days and I added another two weeks of shutting my mouth, I didn’t want to ruin their mood yet since soon things will change and I need energy for that.

So this is how I ended up coming where, against my will, and since I’m here better enjoy it. my parents village is located in the south of morocco between Tiznit and Sidi Ifni, we have our own house here, it has electricity but water we need to bring it from the outside, no television and I’m ok with it I’m not a fan of it anyway, instead we have a radio that only catches Spanish stations and the local amazigh station, good for me more time to read and write, outside we have a garden that looks nothing like a garden, dad takes care of it once a year so what should I expect. during the night it gets really dark it took me awhile to get used to it and I grow to really love it, if you look at the sky you would be amazed by how bright the stars shine. I have cousins who live nearby but we don’t have much in common to talk about, I bet they find me the most boring girl ever and it’s ok since the feelings are mutual, I spend my day between reading, helping in the house, going to the beach if dad feels like taking us there and taking photos.


This is where I spend most of my day




This Argan tree has a million year I guess even grandpa played under it.



It’s really beautiful in here, so calm and peaceful, but when you are young with all those ideas and plans in your mind and no one seems to care about them and keep blocking you, life can get a bit hard. Dad, mom  I love you so much and I’m so grateful about all the things you did and keep doing for me but it’s only those two weeks and I’m going to take control of my life and end this play so please enjoy your time like I do.


1 comment:

  1. Enjoy your stay, you might disliked it at first,, but it's a wonderful place so enjoy all its perks. I love your blog btw

    ReplyDelete