Friday, June 12, 2015

My trip back to Casablanca


                          

It was 22:30 Sunday night when dad drove me to the bus station, he didn't stop warning me how dangers casa was early in the morning, how I should take the taxi once there waiting for the bus alone isn't safe, he kept insisting on this he knows I hate taxis, I kept answering yes dad ok dad, it was not my first time traveling to casa, but he (dad) and mom still act like I was a child.

After buying the ticket which is not that easy in moroccan bus stations, and made sure I was comfortable in my seat, dad went back home finally. I'm 21 he shouldn't be so worried about me but he just does I should prove him I can handle alone those situations, I think.

It was a year since I last visited casablanca, I missed my friends so much, but it wasn't the raison I was going to it, I needed some paper from my old university. the trip lasted 6 hours, I couldn't sleep I kept listening to an audio-book I downloaded and the time flew by.
It was 6 am when I arrived to casa, I descended at the station that dad calls a jungle and it is with all those homeless people. I didn't care much about the station what made me anxious was the empty streets outside, so I headed in quick steps to the bus station, sorry dad but I hate taxis, I hate that stupid conversation with the driver, the station wasn't empty which made me relaxed, soon the bus came in half an hour I was at my friend's place, her mom was so nice, made the bad for me to rest and give me pg's to feel comfortable I slept for an hour before going to the uni.

My experience this time at that school wasn't as bad as last time, the administration still sucks, but they gave me my paper without  begging, yelling or cursing, they just made me wait for 3 hour.

On the road, back to my friend's house I felt at ease, all my anxiety sources were gone, I sat looking outside the bus window, nothing really changed beside the new garbage boxes, the air wasn't as stinky as the last time I was there, I just realized how much I missed my every day trip to school and casa in general, the city where I was born and grow up, it's the most dirty and definitely not so safe city but I missed it,its nice helpful people not all of them but living in agadir made me appreciate that quality in casawi people, how easy it was to start a conversation with a total stranger in the bus. 

I eat lunch, rested for a few hours, I couldn't help not visiting my uncle and its little family I missed them so much, he lives now at my old house, once there I got a little bit nostalgic but I didn't burst into real tears until I sow a neighborhood friend it was weird but it felt good, I said goodbye to my house, and at 7 pm I was on the road again back to agadir.

All I was doing on the trip was thinking, thinking how much I grow up, how it was hard for me to get used to living in a new city, It costed me a year without studying and who knows about next year, but in the end, now that I said my farewells to my old city, I felt fresh, I'm starting a new page in my life with no regrets or prejudice. this is life, we are in a trip  we land at different places, meet new people say goodbye to others, have bad memories good ones, the most important thing is to always move forward and don't get stuck in the past

I didn't know my trip would turn me this wise, I arrived at 4 am, dad was waiting for me!!.

2 comments:

  1. Sweetheart i feel like i were ur friend trip . Every single day bring us new feeling new faces new experience . So dont be sad that u moved from ur city may be destiny hide 4u something very special at agadir . Notice : agadir people are also simple to start a conversation with them not only casawa . But u just need to understand how managed with them ;) may allah keep u safe creatif and beautiful

    ReplyDelete