Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Recent reads



It has been a while since I last wrote on my blog like two months, and that’s mainly because of my laziness, plus I felt like my head was empty two stressed to work or think let along write, all I was doing was read, at least I have been doing that.
And that’s what I'm going to talk about today. I have been reading books from different genres a classic, a young adult and some children books.

Let’s start with the classic one, it's a really famous French classic, Madame Bovary by Gustave Flaubert, the book is about this women who lives her life thinking that she doesn’t have what it takes to be happy, so she tries to chase those things she’s too blind to know or see that she already have everything. Emma the name of this woman in her chase would do things that we consider or her society considers immoral and even stupid, she knows that but she doesn’t care as long as she’ll get her happy ending the ending that she’ll never get. While reading other people’s reviews about the book I remarked that some people hated Emma because of her disrespect to her husband and child others pitied her for her ignorance, for me I couldn’t stop thinking how much Emma was reliable character how human nature is alike I could see myself doing what Emma was doing, when we are bored, desperate and unhappy we do stupid things that we know are stupid but we think they are better than staying still, doing nothing and just feeling like dying a little bit everyday.

The second book I read was a young adult called the DUFF written by Kody Keplinger, I picked this book because of a positive review of a moroccan youtuber, the story is ok but just not that good for me, too much talking about looks and sex that's what I remember from it, I don't know why but young adult books aren't for me, I'm afraid I'm being unfair to this genre but that's just what I feel, final verdict the DUFF was a waste of time.

All the other books I read are children books, I have been planning to read those forever, and finally I did, like I expected they weren't that easy to read, the vocabulary was all new to me animal names flower names, even with this difficulty I really enjoyed those books, I read Bridge to Terabithia by Katherine Paterson a dreamy book about jess and leslie and their magical world I liked this book so much especially that even though it's a children book the author talked about deep issues such as death, religion, love, children abuse this book is just amazing, I also read secret garden by Frances Hodgson Burnett the book tells the story of Mary a spoiled sick child, who will move to her uncle estate where her life will change not only hers but the life of many people around her, this book is just beautiful, I did retell this story to my little cousin and he was amazed with it, he told me that he wish he could also have a secret garden, I replied me too after this book who doesn't dream of one, the last book is Alice's Adventures in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll, and to be honest I didn't understand much of it or the book had not much in it, I don't know all I could remember from it was that Alice kept changing sizes kept asking herself who she was, maybe I'm going to reread this book someday I should this book is famous it should be for a reason am I wrong?

That's it for this post, I'm going to keep reading and try to write more I know my writing style sucks, I should try more. to the few people who read the rumbling I write thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment