Friday, February 27, 2015

Music and learning Spanish


Music is a great tool to learn any language, it's one of the easiest ways to discover new vocabulary and memorize it, just enjoy the music, then search for the translation , that's it.

Everyone has it's own technique to learn vocabulary through music, mine is that every time I listen to a song I like, and I know I'll be replaying a lot. I search for it's lyrics and translation on internet, then I copy down on my notebook the chorus of the song, and try to memorize it. the chorus is always easy to remember and has always some really interesting vocabulary. I tried before to copy down the whole song but I ended up not remembering a word from that song. and I don't know why, maybe it's just too much for my brain. so ya that's my way.

Even though spanish is a language that a lot of people speak, a LOT, when I first started learning it, I couldn't find songs that suits my taste, til now all I'm listening to are songs by Ricky Martin, Shakira, and Enrique Iglesias, and I really like those three, but I would like to discover more singers, that's why I'll be posting blogs about my favorite spanish songs, I'll try to make an effort and search for new musicians and songs that I didn't knew before, maybe those posts will be useful to someone out there!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment