Friday, February 13, 2015

The day I took the decision of dropping out of university

Tuesday 03-02-2015

At 08:00
the first exam of the first semester, I was well prepared for it but not so confident as always, I spent all the waiting before the exam alone, I looked at people's eyes trying to recognize someone but I didn't, I couldn't find a single person I knew. After a quarter of an hour the teachers handed us the exam papers, the exam wasn't hard but it was all about the theoretical part of the course, which I wasn't expecting. I did my best, just thinking about restudying for this course made me sick.

At 10:00
Half an hour before the second exam, again I didn't find a person to talk with, I didn't know much people in this university it's my first year in here, but it was so weird that I couldn't see the few people I knew, to calm down I sung in my head all the songs I knew from fayrouz to saad lamjarred.

At 10:30 
Before distributing the exam papers, the teachers asked us to clean our tables from any documents, even the authorized one "le plan comptable", at first I thought it was a misunderstanding, but no it turned out we are not allowed to use it, I felt my body trembling this wasn't fair, but what shocked me the most was the attitude of the students, the class had more than 100 student, no one said a word they just accepted this unfairness, I found myself thinking about what would happen if the same thing took place at my old university, with no doubt no one would have passed that exam, but this is not my old university, this made me realize why I couldn't make friends, the same attitude happens every other place I go to, people not respecting each other, not caring, thinking just about themselves.
The exam was about a practical course, but half of the questions were about the rules that normally we find in "le plan comptable",
I didn't do much in this exam either, simply because instead of thinking about the answers of the exam, I was thinking about going out of that class.

 At 12:00
In the bus on my way to home, again I was alone, but this time I needed to be alone, I had a decision to take, either I give up and take a half a year vacation, or take a deep breath, accept those conditions, just get used to them, and finish what I started. 

 At 13:30
At home, my family was around the table eating lunch, I washed my hands and joined them, dad asked me how the exams passed I said fine.

 At 15:00
My sister asked me about the exam I have tomorrow, I told her I have none, she knew I had exams in three successive days, she knew that something was wrong with me, that moment I knew I’ll have one of the longest days in my Life, where I'll have to convince my two sisters, my mother then my father why I don’t want to continue studying.
It was a long day but my family kind of respected my decision, it was clear I had suffered much already, it wasn't a decision I took because I had a crappy day, I had worst days before, and I was so tired of fighting, but they kept insisting on me to just pass the rest of the exams even if I’ll not attend school the next semester, but I had already took the decision.

I didn't want to forget this day that's why I wrote about it with so much details, education was always an important part of my life and I wasn't picturing my last day of it would be like this. 
I have no plan for now, and I don’t know what the future hides for me, I don’t know if I’ll regret this decision in year or two, all I know is that now I feel like I took the right decision.



No comments:

Post a Comment