Monday, January 12, 2015

book reviews: Sense and Sensibility and Attachments

My first review of this year is about the last books I read in 2014: Sense and sensibility by Jane Austen and Attachments by Rainbow Rowell.


Sense and Sensibility is the first book I read by  Jane Austen, this famous author that I was planning to read for since I watched the movie: "The Jane Austen book club". (I love this movie so much).
Back to the book, Sense and Sensibility is a romantic fiction book, that follows the life and loves of the Dashwood sisters: Elinor and Marianne. Elinor represents the sense in the book, while Marianne represents the sensibility.
Reading classics is always difficult for me, the only thing that helped me with this book was the dialogue, I wished there was more of it. 
On the whole, I was glad that I made it and finished reading this book. I'm planning to read another book by Jane Austen this year, I need to find out why people like and admire her writing so much.    

Now to Attachments by Rainbow Rowell.


Attachments is the third book I read by Rainbow Rowell, and again I wasn't disappointed, I liked this book as much as Fangirl and Eleanor and Park
So Attachments is a contemporary book, the story is set in the late 90s about this guy called Lincoln who fell in love with a women just by reading her e-mails and so he tries to confess his love to her. 
I enjoyed so much this book, the story was cute and funny, the only thing I didn't like was the ending, I felt it was so rushed just like the ending of  Fangirl

Those were my last books for 2014, I wish this year would be full of good books too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment